Fun with flatcars??????
I really shouldn’t have been so optimistic in calling this thread “Fun with flatcars”, I should have settled for flatcar, singular!!!
Apart from decals and weathering, here it is finally.

In a thread in another forum I became aware of doctorwaynes use of monofilament and Tichy turnbuckles, and decided to try to emulate the method. Of course being an optimist this was not going to be too difficult, Famous last words!!!  Wallbang I had no end of bother trying to get the monofilament to adhere to the underneath of the styrene deck, and wondering how Wayne had coped, I revisited  the thread only to find that because he was kitbashing a boxcar, it was tied off inside. Eek  I ended up sandwiching the monofilament between the floor and pieces of .010”, using a mixture of CA and MEK, messy, (there was also a fair bit of undesirable language I am sad to say) but it seems to have worked, though I would not include this in any Handy Tips Column.  Nope I do think it was all worth the trouble though.

I have started the second but that could take a month of Sundays. 357
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread