The Grand Valley's Northern Extension...
Here's a look at the various staging tracks.

This is south end staging, with five tracks. Immediately below, and mostly out of sight, are the two tracks representing unmodelled industries, with the TH&B staging/interchange represented by the two tracks alongside the aisle:

[Image: Staging-southendlookingsouthwithTHampBatlowestlevel.jpg]

This view better shows the two tracks of the industrial staging area. The third track, alongside, and dropping down, is a run-through which allows a portion of the layout to be operated as a loop. The bottom end of it can be seen in the distance where it's joined by the TH&B tracks just prior to crossing the aisle on the lower lift-out. The grade is about 4.7% Eek :

[Image: Staging-THampBonlowerlevelindustrialstag...evelup.jpg]

Looking in the opposite direction, the stub ends of the TH&B tracks are at the lowest level, and just above, the industrial tracks and run-through track gaining access to the lower level of Dunnville through an opening in the backdrop. Above that is the double tracked main which enters Dunnville on an elevated right-of-way which serves the main station. Beyond that, the two tracks merge, then join-up with the lower level track at Negro Creek:

[Image: Staging-southendandindustrialentrancesto...taging.jpg]

The upper (north) staging yard is now in place, too. This view looks south towards the lift-out:

[Image: Staging-northendlookingsouth.jpg]

...and looking north. Except for installation of a couple more uncoupling magnets, the 7 tracks are operational, although there's only about 4' of track in place on the other side of the aisle, beyond the lift-out.

[Image: Staging-northendlookingnorth.jpg]

Adding a couple more pieces of flex track there would allow this yard to be operated as a switching layout, but this is the end of construction for the time being.

I have a few other projects upon which to spend some time: a couple of freight car kits to build, two or three locos to weather for friends, another to paint, and another to re-build (re-motor, detail, and paint), again for friends. At the same time, but in no particular order, six complete loco rebuilds for myself and, if I'm so inclined, two mostly scratchbuilt steamers to construct. We'll see how far I get, but if boredom sets in, I can always work on completing the original portion of the layout. Misngth Goldth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread