Northern Pacific Convention in July
Hey all

So, I am a member of the Northern Pacific Railway Historical Association and every year they have a convention. I have missed all 3 years I have been a member, but this year... this year I finally get to go. It will be in the middle of building our house, but I am going.

Here's where it gets fun. It's being held in St. Paul, MN. From Boise, its a straight flight or a one hop thru Denver, depending on who you like to fly with. As I was calling AAA and hitting Orbitz and the other online travel sites, I thought, "This is silly. I am buying a plane ticket to get to a train convention." So, I hung up the phone and opened another tab on my browser and hit Amtrak. Yes, I will have to drive to Spokane to catch the train, but what better way of traveling to this kind of thing?!?

A really nice perk is that the ticket cost is the same as the straight flight. Sure, I will have to drive 6.5 hrs to Spokane. Sure, I will have to spend an evening with my bro-in-law who doesn't see eye to eye with me. Sure, the travel time is 27 hours. BUT... it's 27 hours on a train. I haven't ridden a train for travel in 30 years.

Anyway, I just bought the tix and thought if there were any other folks headed that away, we might hook up for a beer or three...

George
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]

Messages In This Thread