Visalia District
Thanks again for posting the new pictures jwb. I was able to find the location of the picture that you took of the boxcar in a siding at the newspaper building. The newspaper building and the tracks in the street are still there and the tracks are used on a regular basis. The siding was pulled out at sometime in the past but a short section of track still remains in the the street. The other picture I am unable to determine the exact location but by the process of elimination I think I found it but none of the buildings are the same. Amazing how things have changed in just 20 years. The other thing that has changed in the area is the 2 new very large warehouses, one on the UP in Delano and one on the BNSF about 12 miles north of Hanford where product of all kinds are put together in multi car trains for daily and or weekly shipments east. This would make a great theme for a modern switching layout as you only need one type of car--the 64' white reefer-- and a switch engine of your choice
Al Jones

Messages In This Thread