Early layout planning ISL
Agreed Jack and Larry. I've already laid out the close cluster of turnouts necessary to fit the Spurs in that length and it feels too busy and tight. They have to butt right up to each other. I've taken another look at Chris's CTU spur (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5147">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5147</a><!-- l -->) where a crossing is used. Although I wanted to use just ME code 70 track maybe a Peco short code 75 crossing could be used and disguised enough especially if I ran a road over that as Chris does. I'm surprised how in less length Chris gets about the same number of car spots in and still have a feeling of space. My on,y co corn is that the CatU spur is designed as a show layout and not a home layout where easy repetition isn't the primary concern.

I'm considering grabbing the extra 5ft of run by continuing around 90 degrees to create a chopped U shape and have that as a single track lead even though it would be mostly curved and run a lomg multi industry spur along most of the 9ft length. Hmmm options....
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful

Messages In This Thread