Micro Layout
Engfanuk Wrote:Having built several micro layouts and inglenook designs I'd definitely echo the advice of putting a curve in the track. I'd go so far as suggesting a curved walled building following the track that can create mystery of where the track goes rather than leaving it too open or with many smaller structures. A bigger building like a factory could provied a cohesive context for the whole layout. Deliveries, storage Spurs work for that but I'm not sure about a team track. Maybe two raw materials in, tak cars at silos or drop bottom cars for flour or sand at the middle spur, loading doors or dock on the rear spur and storage on the front? Would still give you a variety of cars to spot.

Can you go for 5ft x 10 and still get some curve in?

Just some random thoughts rather than there be anything wrong with what you have said you wanted.

Good luck.

I was planning a roadway ABOVE the drill track, just to break up the scenery, but I do like your suggestions. The two reddish buildings to the right of the plan are for hiding the drill track.

I envision the drill track to be in a trench with trees lining it, sort of like how the New York Cross Harbor/ New York New Jersey Railroad is below street level.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread