Dilemma HO layout plan
I applaud the individual that designed the track plan for you. That's a lot of track/buildings/switching in a small amount of square footage. But I also feel that's way too busy and agree with Matt, it'll look like a Christmas village if it were complete. That layout may work well if stretched at every corner Smile

I was/am facing the same choices you are making. I really wanted a yard to fiddle in. A place to break down trains, bring trains in from off layout and move engines around. My dilemma was getting the cars shuffled around and an engine in position to shove through the layout. And what I kept ending up with once I grabbed some cars from an interchange or sorted in my yard, was a train that I could have placed with my hands in order ready to be shoved. This was my keeping it simple that I just kept avoiding. I really wanted to have a yard and interchange, but couldn't make it work. I minimized as much as I wanted, leaving plenty of switching opportunities with 5-6 industries. At the moment nothing is crowded. This has been my journey <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7761">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7761</a><!-- l -->

I quick disclaimer, I'm not as well versed and have less than half the knowledge and skills as most of these guys (maybe some gals) on the forum. You will get and have already, exceptional advice from the members here.

Good luck and looking forward to us both working on a layout.
Thanks
NSHO

Messages In This Thread