Dilemma HO layout plan
Brakie Wrote:Excellent decision to match your industries to your car fleet.

I'll toss this out as food for thought..
I freelance all of my ISLs but,I keep believability and plausibility in my planning and operation and I avoid tying any of the industries together..Industry A will never get a car from Industrial D since a local trailer spotting truck company could do it much faster and could give 24/7 JIT service and trailer storage if needed by using their trailers.A lesson learned while I was a forklift operator.

For my needs I found less is better and will add a transload track for my odd cars like bulkhead flatcars,gons flat cars and other oddball cars.

As a put the cart in front of the horse modeler I have many more cars than industries. If I knew 20 years ago what I know today I would have saved a lot of money that I spent on things I didn't need.

I agree on not tying the industries to one another. I am still trying to figure out what structures to use and the nice thing about the transload is I can swap out cars to keep the scene fresh with different loads. I am going to mock up a few things tonight and see what I can come with for a plan.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643

Messages In This Thread