NY&A ISL
faraway Wrote:That line in NJ looks very interesting. How do you plan to adopt your current layout?

With the exception of car capacity that supreme oil in Englewood has compared to Bass oil in Brooklyn, the sidings and type of buildings that the new industries will share with the ones on my NYA plan are pretty similar. here's a list starting with the NJ customers first and who's siding they will share on the NYA plan.
Supreme oil (2 car spots) and Bass oil (1 spot)
Cove Distribution (3 spots) and Norampac NYC (1 spot), Yang Shing Trading (1 spot), Amersino Marketing Group (1 spot)
JJ Demarest Lumber (1-2 spots) and NYA team track (1-2 spots)
Weyerhaeuser (1 spot) and David Rosen Bakery (1 spot)
This version of the Northern Branch will be super condensed taking 4 industries from 3 different towns and squeezing them into a smaller branch. I plan on changing scenery, slight changes to buildings, crossing signals and other details as I change operating locations.

kamerad47 Wrote:The only problem now a days is there is only 1 customer left, supreme oil !!! they get tank cars once oe twice a week with a gp 40 or genset some times both !!!! I've seen them a bunch of times as i travel that way alot !!!!
Kamerad I plan on the time period to be around 2005 so the customers I listed were still seeing somewhat regular delivery. There's 3 steady customers left now, Supreme oil, Colorite Polymers and WR Grace. I really would have liked to model Colorite, they have 3 sidings which include a switchback and a diamond crossing. 2 spots for tank cars, 4 for covered hoppers and another 3 that are used for covered hoppers and occasional boxcars (could be a small ISL by itself). Nowadays they really only need one engine for this branch because they don't travel north of Englewood, there's a runaround at supreme and at Colorite. And the last few times they went up to Northvale they used a caboose as a shoving platform instead of the frequently used double ended operation for the return trip towards North Bergen. I really just needed and excuse to run poorly maintained csx yn2 and csx engines still in conrail paint so I'm going to try to combine both branches as best I can, obviously won't be anything close to accurate but I can live with that.

Messages In This Thread