I think I created a monster-suggestions please
[Image: FoodDist_zps49839082.jpg]
[Image: Switcheratcarfloat_zps3307a5ff.jpg]
[Image: EngHouseMarineSupplyTrailerYard_zps34c54f38.jpg]
Reinhard,I have included 3 pictures of the area in question. If you look at the top 2 pictures you will see that the car float basin is open at the top and left side giving access to the river. The tracks
leading to the float run behind the food distributor which is just to the right of the basin. If in real life I were to stand at the bottom of the basin the river would still be visible but if I
were to stand back from the basin the river would not be as visible.
As far as adding industries near the basin there are already 2-the food distributor and in the bottom picture the building with the large "A" on it are as close to the basin as I can get.
The one possibility I can see would be to use a combination of backdrops with trees and building flats on it with the trees being at the top of the basin and running part way down the length of the layout
and the fill in the rest with one that has building flats on it.
Another possibility would be to run a backdrop with trees on it the full length of the layout and then maybe use DPM wall units to create building flats in a few locations.
These are just ideas and to be honest,no matter what choice(s) were to be made at this time, they would exceed my budget which is in the crapper so this can be thought of as a future project. Wallbang
I hope that this information makes things a little clearer for you.
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS

Messages In This Thread