How do you make time for trains?
Hey guys,

I guess this might be a symptom of growing older (but I'm only 25!), but I feel like I'm to tired for this hobby sometimes. I work most of the day, but I feel so brain dead when I get home, that its almost embarrassing. A lot of the time, I won't even want to work on a model, not just because I'm tired, but because I know I don't have the mental coherence to build it without messing up somehow.

I also feel like I need to devote more time to the people around me, which is fine, but I feel that my layout and my modeling suffers. I find myself more and more relying on RTR equipment, and my stacks of kits and projects continue to grow, while I never really seem to finish anything.

It feels almost as if I've taken a step back. I was looking over my projects from a few years ago, and they were so cool! I was super detailing engines, weathering things, putting the details down, and a lot of my track was ballasted. Now I feel like half of what I do is just maintenance, almost the bare minimum. My layout looks terrible! I'm not sure I'm proud or happy with my modelling anymore. I just painted a few projects, and it felt nice to actually get somewhere!

That isn't to say that I want to get out of the hobby, but I just don't know how to get back into the swing of doing things with it. I suppose I feel somewhat paralyzed.

Any advice for getting back to it?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread