Tropicana Juice reefers
I don't know if Tropicana still uses any green cars. The white fleet uses the same sort of Carrier-Transicold the Intermountain, Exactrail , Athearn Genesis,and BLMA use on their modern reefers. I used to go to the City of Industry warehouse to do warranty work on the Tropicana reefers.

Those new type units are microprocessor controlled, and each customer has a custom program on the microprocessor for their application. I took a class with Carrier on the various units and their programs used on railroad units both on the rail cars and on the intermodal trailer units of various companies. One of the things they told us in the class as they gave us background info on many of the companies. We were told that "Tropicana Pure" brand is 100% Florida orange juice like it says on the cartons and bottles.

Before I worked for Carrier, I worked in the Los Angeles Harbor until the company was bought out and everybody was laid off. We used to receive orange juice concentrate from Chile in 55 gallon plastic drums. All of that concentrate went to Cocoa Cola to be used mostly in their Minute Maid brand of orange juice. I'm not sure if some of it went into flavoring their orange soda.

Messages In This Thread