An adventure in brass
Yes folks, i agree and have had several cool down phases to refit my nerves before going Crazy And because this is a family forum, this is not the right place to post abuisve and cursing words about burnt fingers... Instead going praying to the lord was the better way.
About 2 hours was the maximum time you could work uninterrupted on this project before getting nuts. 35

[Image: dsc0911110rcu.jpg]
Here the upper trusswork was fitted. The railing too. I used a lot of soldering tin to create aditional stiffness. The trusswork structure is still fragile.
The top an the middle rope dics are mounted onto thies axles an to the left side into thie bearings. They are not moveable because this crane will be used only for static display.
The platforms are mounted together also. Here was one of the many "not fitting" expieriences, so i had to rework the parts until they fit.

[Image: dsc09113l3pup.jpg]
The "not fitting" area after reworking.

[Image: dsc09112piq3l.jpg]
A closer look to the upper part of the outrigger, left side trusswork still not mounted yet.
The triangle structure is part of the scale which was fitted onto the prototype. So every bit of the clamshell could be weighted and added together to get the sum of the coal loaded into the locomotive's tender.

[Image: dsc09114a8qy3.jpg]
At least the left side trusswork was soldered onto and the outrigger was mounted onto the main platform. Another chapter of "not fitting". Icon_lol
The structure of the became much more stable after this was done.
In the background part of the rather cryptic kit instructions, i does'nt matter if in German or in English written, cryptic is cryptic.

To be continued

Lutz

Messages In This Thread