HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
By being allowed to participate on this forum has, for me, opened a “big can of worms”, “the Curse of the Slippery Slope”. I look around not only here in “Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing” but also the other sections and am constantly inspired to try harder, so even though I may not have even commented on your threads or postings, I wish to thank you all and an especial thanks to those whose comments here have further encouraged me.  Worship
I have come to the conclusion that the ferry is now at the 90% done, 90% to do stage, and that I now have to be careful to make sure that I assemble everything in the correct order.  I am thinking that the last thing I’ll be doing is the railings especially around the forward cabins bridge and associated stairs as, I think, they need to be tied together.
This also involves the placement of the lifeboats on the cabin roof and as I had mentioned on page 2, eighteen months ago, I was, for ease of making and fitting, going to model radial davits. However your collective consciousness has pricked my own and as a result, also after close scrutiny of the photos, I think that a type of quadrantal davit was used, so.....

......while it needs tidying up; I’m actually quite happy with the result. Now I just have to complete five more. 357
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear  Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread