Unsolved problem =-(
Hi Everybody,
it's been a bit since I've been on here last, been busy starting a family and a new layout. Nothing big (24'x20' - double decker). Yeah, it should be maybe halfway done before I retire Applause Anyway, I need some help with an electrical issue. Here's the issue. I've got two tracks that split into 4 (two switches right next to each other). Currently, those two tracks wrap behind a helix (hidden) and come down to 1 track (switch installed on the other end). On both tracks, as soon as the unit crosses over either of the switches, I loose power. Couple of factors to point out. I've soldered every joint (yes, including the switches), I'm using just a Tech throttle for now, I've got a 3 -way switch attached to end of 3 tracks and the north most track has a bumper on the end of it. Here's the kicker though. Before I ballasted the track (yesterday) I had power and no problems. I was able to run the engines all the way through the 3 way switch. Now, I can't. I've looked for anything shunting the tracks (metal hitting both tracks, bad solders, I've ran different units on both tracks with the same problem, hell, I've removed the bumper thinking that was the problem, but that's not it. I'm at a total loss. I had everything soldered and before ballasting, things worked fine, now it doesn't. I can't Imagine that I need to have feeders on tracks after they have been ballasted to prevent dead spots. Do I need to have feeders on those other tracks when everything else is soldered? I 'm not understanding how I can have the power one day, and the next day I don't. Or should I say, how I can have power on one side of the switches and nothing on the other. These are code 83, DCC friendly switches. Am I just missing something?? Please help Worship

Messages In This Thread