Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
steinjr Wrote:Now, if I can pull off the effect of connecting the building on the inside of the main loop with the elevator/mill complex....

Smile,
Stein

While the components of my GERN complex are now fixed in place by the scenic ground cover and ballast, the overhead connecting structures were easy to build and install.
I first selected where I wanted to place them, then cemented a support of strip styrene to the front (visible) wall of the rear structure - the floor of the connecting way rests atop this strip. Next, in the rear (non-visible) wall of the front structure, I cut a hole the same shape and size as the cross-section of the walkway - it can be a little loose on the fit, since it won't normally be visible anyway. Make the connecting-way longer than the gap between the two structures, then, to install it on the layout, insert the one end into the opening, put the two buildings in place, then slide the connecting-way until the rear end sits atop the supporting strip. I didn't bother to cement any of mine in place, as I may have to remove the rear building in order to modify it when I install the support brackets for the second level of the layout.
[album]95[/album]

[album]85[/album]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread