Freelance 2015-2
My boxcab engine collection is complete. The fifth GE 44ton arrived this morning.
I got four engines acting like one logical engine pushing the cuts on and pulling off the float (staging yard). The staging yard is barely to reach and each track is therefor served by one engine. Anyhow they act as logically one engine working the float, transferring the cut to the yard and serve the industries reached from east to west (engine is on the left side of the cut).
(The fourth engine is the longtime waited for and not completed, stack, bell and paint job are missing)

[Image: IMG_4412_zps0pqnzsui.jpg]

One more engine is permanent at the yard serving the industries from west to east (engine is on the right side of the cut). This logical two engine setup saves the extra run around operation.

[Image: IMG_4413_zpscpywt9qo.jpg]

ps. I had some intensive thoughts to remove one of the tables to get access to the staging yard for coupling, uncoupling and and save the duplicate engines scenario. But I found out that even as a retiree I do need separate computer and workshop tables. Apple computers to not mix very well with solder irons and heavy sanding operations...
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread