! ! ! ! ! Pennsy Power ! ! ! ! !
Post 32

******THe Pennsy I class.
________I can't think of putting my info on the I class anywhere else then after Charlies I1sa # 4471.
------The I class better known to Pennsy people as the "Hippo" was one great preformer. In 1916 their came out of Altoona, Locomotive #790. Built mainly for freight this loco proved to be a bruit. It showed a power increase of 41% over the 2-8-2 L1 class. It also had a top speed of 50 MPH. All this was accomplished with a decrease of 12% in steam comumption. After #790 test, pennsy built 122 more class I1s's at Juniata. Add to this between 1922 and 1923 Baldwin built a additional 475 class I1s locomotives. Baldwin add a few thing as such as Power reverse gears, Mechanical duplex type strokers, and two other main things that completed the look of the, as we know I1s. They were the masive feedwater heater carried on the firemans side at walkway height and those two large air drums that are mounted infront below the smoke box door, above the stepped pilot. Another change was from a square to round headlight.
**The Pennsy I1s class 2-10-0 decapod. This is a Penn Line I1s decapod.

** The Westside Brass I1sa

** The Cary, Penn Line I1sa

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread