West Allen Street & Thawne
Not a lot to report this morning, as I didn't really get chance to do a lot yesterday.

I did make and fit a fence around where the derelict garage is going to sit, and swarmed it in greenery. Smile

I also applied some static grass to the extension and made up some creeping vines from poly fibre and ground foam/noch leaves. On top of that, I removed the rail bumper from the end of the handy co spur on West Allen Street ready for the track to be extended into the Handy Co board, and fitted a decoder to a Proto 2000 GP7.

Some more supplies arrived yesterday, a box of 10 freight cars, and an AHM Grusom Casket Co kit (remember those? Big Grin) - that will be getting kitbashed and the David Rarig treatment of covering it in clevermodels textures to improve the horribly oversized brickwork.

[Image: 32418207130_e1a65ddb6e_c.jpg] by Dan Beresford, on Flickr

The freight cars are all Roundhouse, and all needed knuckle couplers - which put a considerable dent in my supplies - but they worked out at £1.30 each, and are mostly Appalachian paint schemes - L&N/SCL, B&O/C&O, Clinchfield, etc. The Cotton Belt and WM cars will likely end up getting repainted at some point, but for now they are there if I need them. Smile

I also won another Ebay bid last night - an SPSF gondola, a box car, a 4 car articulated TOFC set and 4 semi trailers to go on the back of them, all for £15 delivered. I'm happy, as I was planning on putting a TOFC ramp on the next extension to the layout, so that's just gravy! Smile

I've got a LOT of cars to weather before the end of the month! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread