G&D Ore Car #90
huh...I was sure I had made a reply to this thread after sumpter's post, but I guess not. Oh well. If it was late at night (and probably was) then I may have forgotten to hit send.

I've got 'er 90% complete as of today. Pictures are still in the camera and will be until late tonight or tomorrow when I get home.

Thanks, Sumpter, for the good weathering tips. I'm always glad to hear and sometimes even use advice from folks on this forum. Wink So far I've only given it a cursory weathering, nothing drastic. The wheel surfaces I decided to shine with a soft emery 'board' (foam lined) and they look okay, IMO. Could be a little more polished & shiny. The rust on the faces looks more like 'newer' wheels that have been recently changed out. I will darken them a bit more.

The interior has no weathering yet, as I have not yet decided what type of ore this car will carry. I may have a surprise in the works, there.

Tom - I tried Oxide Red but found it too red. I went back to JoAnn's and found an Antique Maroon that seems to be a VERY close match, close enough, especially when weathered. I can't recall off hand what brand, but it wasn't Delta. $1.19 vs. $.99. Worth the extra 20 cents, I'd say.

Pictures soon! Thanks for following along!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread