Paired Tunnel Portals
In the area ahead of the portals I used the same methods to quickly add a first ground cover - hard shell along the layout edge, a basic layer of paint and then zip-texturing the area between the RR tracks. Just a few impressions:

18. An overview just after zip texturing the whole area. The tracks are still covered/protected with masking tape.

19. The tracks are ballasted. I used two different ballast colors to give the impression of two different RR companies with different preferences. This is only the zip texture coloring. I only started adding WS ground foam in a few spots.

20. Here we are looking away from the tunnel portal. Of course the addition of weeds and shrubs enhances the looks of the landscape. Yes I know, the turnout levers look clumsy, but in H0 this has to be some compromise. Just avoid to place H0 plastic people (LPBs :-) near those oversize levers - and then most visitors will never notice the discrepancy!

Ok, I hope you enjoyed my little article. Any questions and critical remarks are welcome.

Ron

Attached Files Image(s)

Boss of the Trim Creek & Western RR (H0 & H0n3)
Running through the hard-shell mountains, not around them!

Messages In This Thread