LHS visit
Will_Annand Wrote:
Fifer Wrote:It is very sad to see LHS's faltering but what the world needs now IS personal service . While we all can not stock everything we CAN at least be civil .
I still say " what ever happened to the Service in SERVICE STATION "
I still think it could make a comeback.

Mike

Mike, I agree 100% with you.
I can't stock everything, but I can order anything (well except for Athearn) and will if the customer wants it.

Will,
You can also order Athearn, it just takes a little ingenuity. The last time I was in Las Vegas I visited a train store that had just opened. As we were talking the subject of Horizon came up and he said that he couldn't buy from Horizon. The Horizon rep came by and when he tried to set something up the guy insisted that a train store was not economically viable and if he didn't carry the full range of Horizon products he would not make a go of the business. The upshot was that the Horizon rep was so obnoxious that he kicked him out of the store. He then made a connection with another hobby shop back East somewhere that has a Horizon account. He orders Athearn through that store and that store ships his order on to him when it comes in. He gets the same discount he would have gotten from dealing with Horizon directly, maybe a little better discount because the 2 stores effectively double the size of the order either one would make on there own. The delivery is just delayed by a week or so for the other store to ship to him. I would bet that there is a hobby shop somewhere out of your area who would love to add your Athearn order to theirs in order to pick up a better discount.

Messages In This Thread