Layout Pictures
Herc-Thanks for the reply.Rix sells two types of overpasses-early era (mine) and modern era.
On mine,the first kit I bought had enough parts to build three complete road sections and included the support piers which are ajustable in height.Each road section measures approx. 50' in HO.I fell short and had to buy an extra section. AS my overpass is on an angle I needed the extra length. The three pack runs about $40,but Walthers sometimes puts them on sale.
If you go to Rixproducts.com,they show all the overpass stuff they have,most of which can be bought in a bulk pack or separately.
Assembly is pretty straight forward.Just follow the directions,test fit everything and make sure all parts line up properly and are straight.Before you assemble the piers,determine how high you want the overpass,which is measured from the top of the rail to the bottom of the overpass.I messed up mine and had to redo the piers because they were too high.Look at the last photo in my post and you will see what I am talking about.
Although the kit is a concrete color I painted mine.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Bob

Messages In This Thread