Charlie b's layout
Friday I put a decoder in the second proto S1. I decided to just hard wire it instead of using their plug to save room and it was not hard to do at ll. I did remove the motor and isolated the bottom brush wire from the frm. I did find out the wires were reversed according to the color code so I just reversed them at the decoder.      . I think it is a good looking unit so I will leave it. New Haven was taken into Penn Central so it works for me.  

I cleaned the flash from the frames of 28 Roundhouse 2 bay hoppers and tapped the holes for the couplers and trucks so a 2-56 screw will work. I don't like the self tapping screws they supply and using the tap in my power screw driver makes short work of that job, you just have to be sure to use a little bit of oil so you don't break the tap.  Icon_e_biggrin

I also did a test application of my Rosebud decals that I made and once they are good and dry with a coat of dull coat applied I will be happy with them     

Tomorrow I will wash and paint the frames I drilled today and start assembling the hopper cars. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread