The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently the temperature is 68. We are heading up to 91 which will be the lowest high temperature we experience for at least the next ten days. Water will be my constant companion on the job site this week.

The weekend had ups and downs. We got almost all of the planting done. There are some pansies that were in the window boxes that need to be transplanted to a shady spot in the back yard gardens. I got some of my winter clothing exchanged for summer. I did some laundry. Made a run to the grocery store, but did not make it to the pharmacy.

Yesterday the family took me to dinner to a place called Taste of Britian. There I attended a high tea and some English food. I enjoyed it. However, I could not finish all the food and boxes came home with us.

On Saturday we had a scary moment with our cats. Our two tabbies who are brothers were sitting in an open window enjoying the evening air. Without warning we heard the most blood curling scream from one of the cats. The cats flew out of the windows and nearby objects were knocked on the floor. One cat exited the room with a tail three times the normal size. The other cat continued with sounds I have never heard from a cat. Thinking he was injured my daughter rushed to him. He was not injured, just needed comforting. What caused this. Another cat had jumped up on the outside window sill right in front of our cats. Thank the heavens no one went through the screen.

I ran some trains. I ran my new BLI Jersey Central Baldwin Sharknose and every so often it would stall of slow down at three spots on the layout in DCC. I cleaned the track several times and it would run fine for a while and then start the slowing down again. Again, I would clean, and the cycle continued. I was running a 30-car wood reefer train with a mix of RTR and kits from all manufacturers. After a car split a switch, which was also happening more often than normal, I noticed the problematic cars all still had plastic wheels. I switched out the plastic wheels on about eight cars and low and behold all the problems stopped. No more derailments, no more stalling or slowing down. I can’t believe I forgot to check the wheels on the older cars. I did not get to work on the bridges area.

I hope tonight to get some work done on the bridges area.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-17-2024, 05:45 AM