The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 76, going up to 84. It is a great deal more pleasant today than it was this weekend. However the 90 plus days will be returning tomorrow.

Friday after work I ran to the pharmacy and grabbed dinner for my wife and I from Poke Brothers. Once I was home, I moved a load of clothing from the washer to the dryer and threw a load in the washer. After that I began to run some trains. I soon discovered a couple of cars still had plastic couplers, so I quickly changed them to Kadee couplers. Then one of the cars started derailing. It could not make a full loop around the layout. I adjusted the trucks. Checked the coupler height. I changed the direction the car would travel, and it still would derail. Since I could not find my NRMA track gauge I could not determine if the wheels were in gauge. So I just changed out the wheels for another set and lo and behold no more derailing.

Saturday was ungodly hot. At one point the thermometer in the car read 101. I try to sleep late on the weekends since I have to get up so early during the week but the cats demanded to get fed. After I fed them, the dog, and the Guinea pigs I went outside and water the gardens. At one point I seriously considered turning the hose on myself. Once my wife got up and we had breakfast we went out to Kohl’s. My wife wanted to replace some shorts. Losing 100 pounds she is finding less and less of her clothing still fits. Unfortunately, the trip was not successful as they did not have any of her size in the style she was looking for. We got gas at a nearby Wawa. I paid $3.53 a gallon. It was too hot to drive to Delaware to get cheaper gas. At home I moved some plants outside, and my wife cleaned them up. Now we need to find places for them. I did run some trains, but I spent more time entering cars into my inventory system.

Sunday heat was worse than Saturdays. I managed to water all the gardens without soaking myself. We worked on finishing cleaning and setting up the aquarium. I did some light cleaning and more laundry. We mostly lounged around waiting for the thunderstorms. Eventually one came around dinner time and cooled things off somewhat. I ran trains and entered a few more cars into the inventory system.

After work I need to run to the grocery store and PetSmart. I am hoping to work on the Bridges Area tonight at some point. I need to clean up the layout from my running trains this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-24-2024, 08:42 AM