A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12)
Thanks Russ, I appreciate the quality feedback. I won't be using an office chair but either a stool or I've got this bicycle seat on a tripod thing. It's not incredibly comfortable but it gets the job done. The framework underneath the layout is recessed from the fascia but only by 4"... not nearly enough for what your talking about. The drop down steps are a neat idea and something I'll have to see if I can incorporate into my plans for the bottom. Right now, I've got a lot of shelves in mind and my wife has requested some space for a couple file cabinets to hide away.

Putting on the fascia was kind of fun as it gave the framing a finished look. Obviously I still have to take my jig saw and smooth out the top edges to incorporate the terrain of the scenery but that'll happen all in due time.

[Image: Picture001lowres.jpg]

Oops, I forgot to take off that board on the very top for the picture. It serves no purpose and is only up there 'cause it was a good place to put it out of the way for the moment. IF, I go ahead with the HOn3 layout above, the majority of the weight will rest on those two 2x4's sticking up. They do continue all the way down to the floor so they can bear the weight.

I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the end of the partition wall to make it disappear... I dunno... maybe wrap a backdrop around it or something....

[Image: Picture003lowres.jpg]

I also forgot about the light switches. I need to cut a hole there for them to poke through.

[Image: Picture004lowres.jpg]

I've never wrapped fascia around corners like this before and so figuring out how to frame it was new to me...
An inside corner...

[Image: Picture005lowres.jpg]

...and an outside corner...

[Image: Picture006lowres.jpg]

...or vice versa depending on how you think about it. For the last picture, you can see how I wrapped the partition around the corner and got my first piece of foam in already. I still have to pull all three pieces of fascia back off as I have not inset the screw holes yet so the screw heads will sit flush. Where the big piece of blue foam sits is where the majority of my yard will be.

[Image: Picture008lowres.jpg]

I guess it's time to take the compressor back out to the garage now.

Messages In This Thread