Questionable Service
It's most likely because Walther's has no answer.... And yes, I have the same issues from time to time with other companies or e-bay shippers.

"My Theory" is that If anyone (e-bay seller, Walthers, Aristo) who wants to ship exclusively by fed ex - which like UPS, charges more for shipping to a private address as compared to a regular (industrial customer) account, FedEx now uses USPS to ship to individual addresses..

So - that raises the question: if I am paying $32.00 shipping - for example - for FedEx exclusively... and Walthers is paying for FedEx/USPS for "approximately" $22.00, which package gets the better treatment.... by FedEx?????

The more expensive "Exclusive" package....

The USPS one gets sidetracked (pun intended) until alll the priority packages get processed.. it's like having a Rolls Royce and a Corvette... The RR owner gets way - WAY more upset when they pay top dollar and something goes wrong with their ride... The Corvette owner is upset - but not as much..

But in answer (support) of your complaint, The 96 hours, could have been because they laid off some "shippers" or they are just overwhelmed. Was this a weekend? Also, I have seen that a shipper submitted an electronic shipping order and it has taken 2 - 3 days for FedEx and/or UPS to pick up tha package, same reason, Layoffs?? Too busy???

If you have a tracking number - complain to the "Last known handler" in your case FedEx.. Walthers has nothing to do with the delay of 48 hours. This is from direct first hand experience too - no BS - - My e-bay rating is now (I'm proud to say) 1004 - I have shipped things all over the world... and i "hope" i've seen everything, but fear I have not Sad

If your main complaint is the 96 hours, then you're right - Walthers should have an answer...

Be sure to reply to this thread with any results and post pics when you add it to your layout Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread