Questionable Service
I have never had any issues with ordering from walthers. It always comes in a reasonable amount of time, and in a box of suitable size with adequate shipping materials.

I used to not keep track of shipping. I kept track off my last walthers order because I wanted to know when the package was delivered so that I would go home after work and get it rather than some other after-work activity. I think my order left walthers within 48 hours (a reasonable time frame), and fedxex was reasonably fast. I was surprised to see that it came through USPS, and it took an extra day because of that transfer. I did chuckle a bit because the whole process would have been more efficient to send USPS the whole way.

As for your 96 hours, I am assuming you are counting business days. If I order on thursday, I don't expect anything to go out the door before monday due to weekend. if it took 4 business days for them to get it out the door - who knows. Perhaps they noticed the item in their inventory was damaged, and had to obtain another one for you. Perhaps just really busy,or a bunch of employees sick or on vacation at once. Or perhaps your item you wanted was just arriving from the manufacturer the day you ordered it, and it took time to unload and process the order.

My general philosophy is if I *need* something quicker than two weeks, I don't order it. If no local store has it, then I fork over the money for the rush service. I can't think of a situation where I would declare a Model Railroad item something I would *need* within two weeks. Car parts, on the other hand - if my car is down and needs a new brake cylinder - I want that part as quickly as possible.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread