A few pictures....
Once again, thanks to all for the kind words.

Harry (railroader9731), I may be a while getting much of anything in the way of pictures here. While I have over 2600 pictures over in Zealot's Gallery, any that I bring here will first need to be re-sized. Even the ones in this thread, which are actually in photobucket, are too big - the right-hand 1/3 of all these pictures has been automatically lopped-off by something in the software of this Forum, so what you're seeing is only 2/3 of the original photo. GERN photos, I think, should be big.

Duane, all of the benchwork for the second level has yet to be built. I have some of the lumber on hand, and some of my photos show where the backdrop is open to allow its installation. I also have all of the fluorescent light fixtures which will be mounted on the underside of the second level and the brackets to support the benchwork are all welded together and ready to use. The two things holding up the show is the need to finish the scenery on the lower level, as I don't want to be trying to do so with the upper benchwork in the way, and the fact that I'm in the midst of a major re-equipping of the railroad, with about 100 "new" cars to build or re-build before they're suitable for service, along with about a dozen locomotives awaiting major rebuilds. And to answer Matt's question, which I missed earlier: Yeah, I do occasionally wander from the task at hand, but I try to stay with whatever I'm working on, unless I get to a real roadblock - then a break is good. Conversely, though, if a project is going well (like the current rolling stock work) and I allow myself to get distracted, it's often tough to get back into it.

Errol, I have a ballasting "how-to" saved on my computer, but, unfortunately, no "in-progress" photos to go with it. It looks like it could be a while, too, (see previous reply) before I'll have fresh track to ballast.

Mountain Man, here's a picture of the "gorilla".
[Image: 2007-01-10108.jpg]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread