I don't know what your opinion of this is..... :) :) :)
It's a pity, but I have seen so many find store chains go bye-bye thanks to managements attempts at finding a new direction. We had a very fine chain of paint and decorating stores in the west. Standard Brands Paint catered to the home decorator and had a quality line of their paint at about half the cost of name brands. Wallpaper was selling for in some cases as low as a $1.00 a roll, and maxed out at just a few dollars. Their stores were packed on weekends and you had to take a number to get waited on. We were on a first name basis with the people that worked at our local store, that's how often we would be there for our home and business. Along came some investment company and bought the chain. In order to make ends meet they went to selling "designer" type products. Wallpaper was now selling for $10 a roll and floor covering and other things were no longer affordable. Their paint was still high quality and reasonably priced, but there wasn't anyone there to buy their paint since they couldn't afford the other stuff, so they went elsewhere. From what I can tell, they liquidated back in 1995. :cry:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread