GEC's Layout Progress
Well i got some new updates, but no pictures. I just had a lucrative haul at the Greenberg Trainshow in Edison.

The top acquisition is a brand new unpainted E44A electric. This differs from my other E44 in that it is more recent, runs better, looks A LOT better, and is the "A" model, with the silicon diode rectifiers as opposed to the old ignitron type initially used. It is built by Alpha Brass, and i have a plan to procure atleast two more such models. I plan to paint it as Conrail 4461. The old Alco models E44 was from 1968 (no surprise it has problems), while this one was released in the late 80s sometime, and is much better proportioned (for example, the Alco Models is too short). You could never run the Alco models with the Alpha Models, but if you have an Alco, its better than nothing and it would probably look fine on it's own or paired with other Alco Models.

Next on the list are two funaro & camerlengo PRR MP54 EMU kits and pantographs. While the last thing i need is more EMUs (now i need to find more powered trucks...), I figured i'd buy a pair since i do like the electrics and Pennsy stuff so much, so now i have MP54s and Silverliner IIs in the pennsy passenger car department. I have no idea when i'll build those kits, but it will be soon.

I also have purchased new tank and hopper cars for the planned Magic Pan Bakery. I bought

Intermountain Domino Sugar tank car (damn are the details nice and small on those things! i'm afraid to move it off the layout... ever).
Walthers 1,600 gallon Cargill Corn Syrup car
Walthers 50' Wonderbread/Hostess Cakes Airslide hopper
Walthers 50' Amaizo airslide hopper

Last but not least, i have a Walthers Conrail Jordan Spreader. thats another kit for another day, but since i already have a athearn 200 ton crane, C32-8, and other MoW stuff, i figured i might as well just pick up the spreader. it seems like they are used everywhere anyway.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread