What is the #1 missing product
nachoman Wrote:I would be happy if detail parts and kits were readily available again Nope

I we are to go the steam locomotive route - there isn't a 4-4-2 on the market. And there isn't much available (of anything) for pre-1910.

It wasn't that long ago that there were multiple 4-4-2s. I have one of MDC's AT&SF ones which was upgraded with additional details. I'd prefer an SP 4-4-2 and some Harriman cars, but the Santa Fe one was free to me. I considered getting a Mantua 4-4-2 back in junior high. Maybe Model Power will re-release it. IHC's Harriman mogul is a pretty nice pre-1910 locomotive...and the only locomotive in their catalog that I like (I love it)...but I have no idea if they were used to pull fast freight or what...nor do I know if anyone other than the SP had them (I'd guess the IC and UP did as well).

I wouldn't mind building one of the NKP/Clover Leaf 4-4-2s which pulled the Commercial Traveler...a crack passenger train that once connected Toledo to St. Louis. Those two atlantics had 73" drivers and met the torch during John Bernet's power purge early in the Great Depression. I wouldn't mind having one of the Illinois Central's freight atlantics either 35

Whenever I get around to it, my Roundhouse 2-8-0 will be morphed into a 1900 2-8-0...it basically will keep its current chassis and everything else will be new. The 57" drivered 2-8-0 would fit the bill for pre-1910, as the 63" drivered engines became more common in the teens. I'm glad B-man got around to doing their 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 to give some pre-USRA power...I just haven't bought one as my money is being hoarded for On3 stuff.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread