American Flyer Train Set? How much is it worth?
Steamtrains Wrote:Prices are (or should be...) determined by what the market will pay for an item. If too high, item won't sell; if too low, bidding will push the price up to what the "market" will pay. There is no "wider" market than eBay. If you can find a "dedicated" group that will pay whatever you ask for, then you're all set.

Gus,I am sorry but,it doesn't work that way with collectible locomotives/cars.

You see collectors(not e-bay) set the prices..A collector will not sell on e-bay because of the auction type format.
Would you let a engine or car go for pennies on the dollar at auction when you know there are collectors/modelers willing to pay the full value?

I been a horse trader for years and I am still stock how many modelers doesn't know the real value of hard to find models or road name.

Back to e-bay..I know when I had a account I "stoled" some rare cars for pennies on the dollar and sold 'em at their true value while giggling at the prices that common cars was going for.

Just for fun..

Do you know the real value of this car that collectors and those that want the mate to the Landmark/Uniopolis car are willing to pay? This is a Athearn RTR car long sold out and there hasn't been a second run.

[Image: derailment-005.jpg]

All I am saying be sure you know what you have before selling it..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread