A few pictures....
Gary, the depth on mine varies between 21" and 36" deep, with the bulk of it at 30". The lower level is 39" above the floor (easy to view and operate from a rolling office chair) and the upper level will be at 59". Since the upper level will be a solid plywood tabletop, and as wide or wider than what's below, I'm not too worried about dropping anything on what's already in place. My main concern is whacking my head on the lights attached to the underside of the upper benchwork (proabably 6 or 7 double-tube 4' fluorescents) and being able to work far enough above whatever I'm doing. Most of the layout that will have benchwork above it is "done", as much as any layout is ever "done". Adding details, moving vehicles and people shouldn't be a problem with the upper benchwork in place. However, I need to build (and string) several feet of "Titelock" farm fencing in the 3' deep area, which looks to be a real challenge, even with lots of "airspace" in which to work. Also, I need to finish the buildings and scenery in the town of Elfrida, shown on the drawing below.

Most folks who visited the Photography Forum at Zealot are familiar with my layout (some might say too familiar with ), and I've had several requests for a track plan. Since I still don't have a scanner, the trackplan will have to wait.
The crude drawing below (which explains why you haven't seen a trackplan done using "Paint") will help you get your bearings.
The grey areas denote the parts of the layout that will eventually be double-decked. The drawing is not to scale, and the room size is approximately 560 sq. ft.

[album]38[/album]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread