Island layouts
I think that Stein's latest layout suggestion addresses the issue of getting the maximum layout area into your available space, while at the same time satisfying all of your concerns about access to the various doors, and about maintaining the integrity of your rented space. You have already detailed your concept of what you want in the way of track layout and operation, so I see no reason for you to further pursue the island layout concept, as it cannot offer you the opportunities of the suggested arrangement.

I'm sure that as you move on to the trackplanning stage of construction, many will be equally as helpful with suggestions, if you require them. The space shown opens up all sorts of possibilities, but, hopefully, not so many that you become mired in planning to the detriment of actually beginning construction.

As for outside-the-box ideas and avant garde thinking, bring 'em on. Goldth You may be surprised by how well "conservative thinkers" can accept good ideas, as the operative part of that term, in my opinion, is "thinkers". Beyond that, of course, I can't imagine that anyone's contrary opinions of your ideas could possibly deter you, nor should they. It's your dream: now is your opportunity to build it. I look forward to following your progress, in both words and pictures. Thumbsup

Wayne

Messages In This Thread