Island layouts
MountainMan Wrote:In fact, I have already come up with a way to double the space for my layout within the existing room, without covering any of the doors. I'll try to come up with a coherent track plan from this software - I'm a "little software challenged".

The most blindingly obvious ways of doubling the space available for a layout is to build the layout in several levels above each other, linked by helix, nolix, elevator, manual cassette or just linked operationally (a train drives into staging on one level, similar train comes out of corresponding staging on next level, or engine shove RR cars into staging on one level, another engine pulls similar cars from staging on next level).

How to get more layout space by going multilevel is a different issue than how much of the floor space of the room you can use for a layout while still maintaining feasible aisles and reach.

If you have just rediscovered on your own the well known techniques in the first paragraph, then that is not that interesting. Those are all standard tricks, well within the box, for those who take care to actually explore the box of standard tricks before they declare that the box is too confining for a great thinker like themselves Goldth

But if you actually believe you have found a way to fit in a layout that will have a floor footprint double the size of my last drawing for you, while still maintaining feasible aisles and reach distances, I'd be most interested in seeing how you plan to "double the space for your layout".

Give me a clear verbal description, and I'll try to draw it up for you.

Grin,
Stein

Messages In This Thread