Trucklover's Kitbuild '09 Summer Challenge
This latest progress report is for Steps 52-54 on the instruction sheet. I also jumped ahead and did Step 60. Steps 55-59 involve stairwells and railings which will be done in the next report.

These steps involved assembling the Dust Collector, assembling the Collector Pipes, and assembling the Upper and Lower Downcomer Pipes together. The Dust Collector and the Pipes for it were assembled, painted, weathered, then glued in place to the base and connected to the bottom of the tall Gas Washer Tank. The Downcomer pipe was assembled and connected to the top of the Dust Collector Tank and then fitted to the very top of the Furnace to connect the two Upper Downcomer Pipes. The joint connecting the Upper Downcomer Pipes and the joint connecting the Lower Downcomer Pipe were left loose so that i can dis-assemble the structure when handling. This will also allow me to ship this massive structure in two separate boxes to cut down on the shipping costs when it comes time to ship it to someone.

Up to this point, everything is weathered on the structure except for the railings and walkways on the tops of the Stoves. Here are some pics

[Image: SL373442.jpg]

[Image: SL373443.jpg]

[Image: SL373444.jpg]

[Image: SL373445.jpg]

[Image: SL373446.jpg]

[Image: SL373447.jpg]

[Image: SL373448.jpg]

Time spent on the kit build is now up to 44-1/2 hours. It is estimated that the kit is 85% completed
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread