Changing a simple coach
Very nice, Bernhard. Thumbsup Thumbsup I like the fact that you've made a mechanical connection for the truss rod anchors, both by using long nbw castings that extend into the floor and by also inserting the truss rods through the floor. I've never been comfortable about the longevity of joints made solely with ca, especially over long periods of time.

It did surprise me somewhat that you made your roof modification starting with formed wooden pieces, though. I know that you enjoy working with wood, but the same shapes could have been easily done using a suitable thickness of sheet styrene. Joining them to the styrene roof of the model using a suitable solvent cement (I use lacquer thinner) would have resulted in an even stronger bond than ca, and would have also facilitated installation of the plastic sheathing. It's nice to see you also enjoying the benefits of styrene construction, though. Wink Goldth

modelsof1900 Wrote:“Der Weg ist das Ziel”

The quality of your work illustrates this perfectly and it's apparent that your reward is ample. As I read and look at your photos, I can sense your enjoyment in the act of "doing". "Having" such a unique model is just icing on the cake. Goldth

modelsof1900 Wrote:First an answer to Sumpter250. Yes, my drill bits start at a smaller value as #80.

Many, many years ago, my Dad brought back this little folder from a trade show in New York:
[Image: Drillsize002.jpg]

...and, inside:
[Image: Drillsize001.jpg]

For those, like Bernhard, working in metric, that's a .076mm hair, drilled by a .030mm diameter drill, with a .025mm wire inserted through it. Eek I'm sure that, nowadays, even more is possible.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread