Changing a simple coach
modelsof1900 Wrote:Thanks to all for your heavy compliments. I think only that I have done what I could do with my handcrafted modeling and hand tools – and a magnifying glass. We have a phrase here in Germany: “Der Weg ist das Ziel” or in English “The journey is the reward” and I like to build such small items as my personal goal. I do not have a must for a big layout or a large model collection; I would like to get a small collection of items which are not part of each other collection.

First an answer to Sumpter250. Yes, my drill bits start at a smaller value as #80.
Here a short view to the diameter table in US and metric dimensions.

gauge/inches/millimeters
? / 0.0118 / 0.3
80 / 0.0135 / 0.343
78 / 0.016 / 0.406
76 / 0.020 / 0.508

My regular drill bits start with a diameter 0.3 and this is smaller as #80, than I use after metric system drill bits with diameter 0.4 and 0.5 similar to #87 and #76 and larger. However I think that I must use also smaller drill bits yet because I should use also wire with a diameter of 0.2 millimeters for grab irons or other very thin part. I try to calculate for many parts and I know that 0.3 millimeters are very close to an inch in reality – a very thick rod.

Thank You Bernard. This, and your explanation of how you made the truss rod anchors, is an insight to to superb quality of your work.
I too have "a phrase" ..........if someone can do something, then with time, patience, and practice, so can I. Big Grin You have set for me, a higher goal. Learning is the better part of living.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread