An engine servicing facility for the JGL
Thanks Pete, the layout runs as well as the equipment running on it, your equipment and your handling of that train were important parts of the success! I've run some trains for visitors that have had problems, I need to check some equipment!

With only the diesel servicing area and roof details for the corp headquarters building to be done I've lost momentum and have started work at the other end of the yard. In the first pic, the three thru tracks are merging to one on the left, and the track on the embankment is the yard runaround, from which the lead to the engine facility branches off. The turnout in the center of the pic, powered by that switchmaster motor, is the lead. All that blue plywood is an industrial area not connected to the yard. A service road will come from the tower in the distance, and cross the lead just past the turnout motor, where the white styrene is sitting, thyen cross over the runaround track, gaining access to that space in the forefront of the pic. It is not a terribly large space and I am wondering what it can be used for. I had envisioned some type of yard related storage, perhaps rails or ties, etc. I think I will cut the center and right stub ended tracks shorter, and extend the left hand track, curving it into that area.

I'd like to hear thoughts on what may be appropriate.

This pic shows a module I built to get the roadway over the motor. Once the roadway passes the throwbar of the switch, it turns and there will be a grade crossing over the runaround trck. As I mentioned the two yard tracks will be shortened.

And from the industrial area. A structure will conceal the microswitch used for powering the turnouts frog.

Messages In This Thread