GEC's Layout Progress
No photos yet, but externally, my PL42AC is completely decaled and painted, and just needs to have a motor and decoder installed, along with the lights.

Similarly, my Arrow III has all its decals applied, though i still have work to do on it's wiring. and assemble some final pieces.

If you've seen my other thread, I'm going to try a more realistic approach to catenary, and see where it gets me. I'll try to update that there. Right now, i'm trying to figure out what needs work on my layout. Very soon i'm going to be re-working a lot of my model's for my club's show season, so that will be taking up my limited time. I'm really hoping to clean up the last of my mess down in the basement, and maybe start running some trains again.

Depending on the situation, i might end up with some Silverliner IV EMUs (to be paintes Reading/SEPTA, 1970s paint scheme), or i might end up with some Phase V Acela regional AEM7s, which i will try to convert to a AEM7-AC.

I plan on attending the Model Transit show in the Rutger's Gymnasium in New Brunswick. It is definitely worth it if you model Commuter, subway, or trolley models of any era, though the focus tends to be local to the NY-Philly area. Its cool to see the operating layouts though, so show up.

It is October 24, and i think its $20 to get in. If anyone wants more details, i can provide them.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread