A Diorama for Jessica
Okay so its been quite a while since i did an update. Ive been extremely busy with my second job. Worked 12-1/2 hours today Eek but at least the paychecks will be good Misngth and we all know what that means, more trains!! And well more gifts for my girlfriend LOL

So i got the Faller House Under Construction in. I was a little disappointing, it didnt come with any construction details like i was hoping. They were littered all over the picture, and for the price, i thought for sure they would come with the kit, but no dice. The kit did come with a scenery piece though, and it did make it pretty easy to model the house in the kit. It also came with some super sticky stickers that went to the segment walls, some only the backs, some both sides. The only thing i painted in the kit was the rigging/hoist brace's, i painted them to resemble steel.

I also got the road poured. Dont be confused, i went with my original idea, and the pictures below are showing the back of the diorama. This will be the side that is against the wall. I did this to highlight and make the backyard of the pink house stand out. The sidewalk was poured, as was the curb along the curved section of road. Plastruct Sidewalk/Curb sections are layed out. The driveway for the house under construction was also layed out. The curb painted red, the sidewalk painted concrete. Some illegal parking is taking place in the pictures lol.

The driveway for the garage was also layed out. Ill weather it to make it look not so black. The slab for the basketball court was poured, and the slots for the 4 trees have been dug into the foam. The first working street light behind the pink house has been drilled and installed.

I think that about wraps up the latest progress on the diorama, so here are some pictures for everyone to view. Sorry about the bad pics, i was in a rush. My eyes are getting heavier by the second! Good thing im just about done lol

[Image: SL373604.jpg]

[Image: SL373605.jpg]

[Image: SL373606.jpg]

[Image: SL373607.jpg]

[Image: SL373608.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread