Well, I am back....
Some of you may remember me from The Gauge just before and while it was Zealot. A few years ago I started a shelf layout in my 2 car garage (which is still being used as a 2 car garage). Several folks at The Gauge cautioned me about the heat, humidity, cold, and bugs that I would have to contend with. I went ahead and got as far as laying all the track and putting in the ballast. Then after battling the spiders and elements for awhile, I put the layout on hold because we were considering moving. Now, that we have decided not to move anytime soon, I decided to build a climate controlled building in the backyard for the layout.

I will be able to use about 90% of the shelves/layout I already have, which is about 70 feet. There will be another 100 feet added on, so it will be a fairly big layout.

Here are some photos of the concrete compnay working on the foundation. The building is about 40 feet x 20 feet. I plan on doing all the framing, roofing, and electrical myself. Will definitely hire someone to do the brick exterior. Anyway, will be playing construction worker for a few months before I actually get back to the layout.

Hey, it is good to be back!

[Image: foundationpic4.jpg]

[Image: foundationpic2.jpg]
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread