Inspiration
Galen,
thank you for the information. I did name it Florida due to the very light sand ground. I do not remember to find that kind of ground in the other coastal states on other location than at the beach. But may be my memories are incorrect. The other unique combination is the sand and the high level of ground water in Florida. Only with so much water strong vegetation is possible in sandy ground. Otherwise it would look like the west. However, yes it is not the south of Florida. There are no palms.
I did not remove the brick background buildings due to Florida but due to the location. I found new industrial parks remote from older buildings in new established areas. Therefor no brick buildings.
But I would feel comfortable if the layout is in southern Georgia or Carolina located. My wife and I have been very often in that area and love it!

The railroad I choose has a hidden reason... I do not have very good eyes and my fingers are somewhat clumsy but my ears are very good. Therefor only very few engines sound good to me. That are mostly Atlas and some P2K engines. I got some Athearn CF-7 (from Indiana RR) and replaced the motor with one from A-Line. But it is still not a nice engine compared to Atlas engines. I had GP 38-2 and MP15DC from Atlas in the cabined. Also two nice running GP 38-2 from P2K are already in the house. The new Athearn SW1500 with a totally new motor is also nice running and available from CSX and on order. That is the hidden agenda of CSX Big Grin

But I did a change during the weekend. I did ask in an US forum focusing on prototype operation if it is realistic to have a dedicated switcher with an engine shed for a small industry park switching operation. I had serious doubt. It is not prototypical for the CSX and other main lines at all. There may be some left on short lines but in general the engine of the local freight train has to do the switching. So the engine shed is gone and an tank car unloading station for an other industry is under construction.

ps. The Pacific Pipe Company is a fast growing business and just opened it's first branch in the east.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread