New York Harbor Model Railroading
Hi Tetters, thanks. That Howe truss flaot bridge was built by my friend Dave Ramos for his layout, it is, as Dave would tell you, a very crude mock up, but a beautiful stand in none the less. He and I have actually taken delivery of a much nicer float bridge, still not as detailed as a "perfect" model would be, but neat none the less. Here's two photos of a scale "contest" model by Tom Grffiths from the 2009 NMRA National -
[Image: howe1.jpg]
[Image: howe2.jpg]
And one of two float bridges that will grace my layout, sans the fancy details -
[Image: howe3.jpg]

So in the mean time, here's some construction photos.....The first is of the main yard a peiers, before paint, tracks and any pier sheds were added. AS you can see, i use pink insulation foam exclusively as a track base, not plywood or Homasote -
[Image: 818.jpg]

Here is one of the Edewater Branch, this branch is a good 20 foot run from one end to the other, and will have about seven industries located along it -
[Image: Q17_LV_EDGEWATER_BR_20071.jpg]

And here is one of the end of my CNJ branch. This will be the US Gypsum plant. AS you can see, I have used walls from a few Walthers kits to mock up the plant so I can get an ideas of how the building will sit ,and how the tracks will run -
[Image: 204.jpg]

As always, more later,

RAH

Messages In This Thread