New York Harbor Model Railroading
CAR_FLOATER Wrote:Hi Tetters, thanks. That Howe truss flaot bridge was built by my friend Dave Ramos for his layout, it is, as Dave would tell you, a very crude mock up, but a beautiful stand in none the less. He and I have actually taken delivery of a much nicer float bridge, still not as detailed as a "perfect" model would be, but neat none the less. Here's two photos of a scale "contest" model by Tom Grffiths from the 2009 NMRA National -
[Image: howe1.jpg]
[Image: howe2.jpg]
And one of two float bridges that will grace my layout, sans the fancy details -
[Image: howe3.jpg]

I know that Howe Truss Bridge.... I have a copy of the original drawings that were drafted by Tom. However, I have been asked not to start passing them around by the provider. :?

The second bridge is a mock up being used on Tim Warris' CNJ Bronx Terminal. Definately not a glamorous as the one built by Mr. Giffiths, however still very nice and it does the job for Tim in the interm. I got to look at the entire layout close up at the Toronto X-Mas Train Show recently. Absolutely stunning trackwork.

That said, you layout is coming along great. Are those PVC pipes used for the leg supports at the ends of the penninsulas?

Messages In This Thread