Poll: What would you do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Single brackets at ~50"
8.70%
2 8.70%
Adjustable brackets (any height)
43.48%
10 43.48%
On top of shelving units (any height)
8.70%
2 8.70%
Yes, put shelves above
21.74%
5 21.74%
No, don't put shelves above
17.39%
4 17.39%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would you do?
Thanks again for the feedback.

Here's a bit more info and two photos showing the room "before", or at least only part-way to "after". The ceiling for all intents and purposes is 6'7". The walls are finished only on the top portion, leaving 32" of bare wall below the drywall. For some reason, the framing of the wall runs horizontally, leaving me with only one solid option for attaching brackets at 55" above the floor. By the time the module is added, it will be about 60" (5 feet) from floor to railhead.

This photo shows the corner where the modules will be located. It's 10 feet from the water pipe to the corner. The shelves will be cut down to fit under the modules, regardless of which brackets I choose. The white splotches along the wall mark the horizontal framing of the finished part of the wall at ~55" above the floor.

[albumimg]1808[/albumimg]

This photo shows the corner that currently houses my desk. To the right you can see the end of the long built-in bench. The modules will occupy about 12 feet of this wall, so will likely end up over the desk, which is another consideration for the height of installation. You can also see the two 4-foot modules that will make up the corner standing on their ends. The stuff on the floor will be sorted and put back on the shelves under the layout and/or tossed (at least that's the plan Wink ).

[albumimg]1809[/albumimg]

More comments, questions, suggestions all welcome!

Andrew

Messages In This Thread