Poll: Prior to reading this thread were you aware of the Rochelle Railroad Park?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, I had never heard of it.
44.44%
8 44.44%
Yes, I had heard of it but did not know the details.
22.22%
4 22.22%
Yes, I know it quite well.
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rochelle Railroad Park
Jesso Wrote:Heard of it, mostly from Deano Wink but i had seen pictures of their restored BN engine on other web sites. Have to go to the Ogden, Utah Railroad Museum before I think about going to far, far away ones Smile
Scott, your thinking of the IRM (Illinois Railway Museum), they have a restored BN engine Wink , not the Rochelle RR park .

The Rochelle RR Park DOES however have two engines on display though Wink , BOTH are old Whitcomb engines, one is restored, the other one is there for kids to play on. those engines represent the Whitcomb Engine Co., Whitcombs were made in Rochelle Ill.
The Whitcomb Engine Co. was a division of the Baldwin Locomotive works.

I have taken pictures of BOTH of the Whitcombs at the RR park, but can only seem to find the pics of the one shown below at this second. (BTW, that engine was donated to the park by WSOR)

Scott, i cant blame you for the mix up, i know you have followed several of my threads, and i have been to MANY different places, shown pics and discussed all of them in great detail, its an easy mistake to make Wink Smile .

[Image: whitcomb2.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread