Greetings From Frankfort, Kentucky
Appreciate the kind comments gentlemen and sorry about the mix up on the 58th St Miami layout.

I'll be most happy to help out with any information that I can provide. Good to know that there are others interested in short lines. I'm currently starting work on two different layouts down here in my "private" world in the basement. One will be 1:29th scale switching layout - 30 inches deep by 36 feet long and the other an HO layout of undetermined dimensions, but at least 20 feet in length.

Over the years, I've started, but never completed several HO layouts, most based on short lines that I'm familiar with, but never seem to get past the point where the track is laid and I can start operating trains. Interests have varied some too, along with short lines, I've been interested in logging railroads, since we had so many in Kentucky and what lead to getting into the large scale (think Bachmann Shay and Climax). Article in MR about modeling the Claremont & Concord in 1:29th scale got me into that scale, but must admit that I'm not that wild about it now. So the HO layout will be the number one priority once I get it started. Just haven't settled on what I want to model.

As I mentioned in my initial post, I worked for the Frankfort & Cincinnati Railroad (twice actually) and also the L&N here in Frankfort and so the bourbon whiskey industry really appeals to me. Large variety of traffic in and out of them and some really interesting track arrangements at the various distilleries. Unfortunately, non of the distilleries around here are rail served these days; several having been shut down completely. But all the information is fresh in my mind and believe me, most of these facilities would be a layout in themselves!

Well back to the drawing board and once again, I appreciate the kind comments. I sure agree that this is the best site around for modeling ideas, help and just plain fun!

Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread